Friday, January 9, 2009

W.C. All Stars

Here were my preseason predictions for the Western Conference versus the actual standings

Mine- Actual Standings
1. L.A. Lakers- L.A. Lakers
2. San Antonio-San Antonio
3. Houston- Denver
4. Utah- New Orleans
5. New Orleans- Dallas
6. Phoenix-Portland
7. Portland-Houston
8. Dallas-Phoenix

I am surprised at how close I actually am. I don't think many people expected Denver to be this good, but I think they will start falling off now that Carmelo is out. Houston is still at 7, but they are not playing good lately, save a win over Boston. I think they have the potential to take out any team in the playoffs this year.

My preseason All-Star Predictions for the Western Conference

G Chris Paul
G Steve Nash
G Deron Williams
G Kobe Bryant
G Brandon Roy
F Carmelo Anthony
F Tim Duncan
F Amare Stoudamire
F Dirk Nowitzki
C Yao Ming
C Tyson Chandler

Who out of this list isn't deserving?
Nash is a close call, but I think he still deserves a spot. Deron Williams hasn't been really healthy, so some should go in his place. Roy also hasn't been healthy much, he really deserves a spot. Carmelo is hurt now, but he probably will be healthy by the All-Star Game, so he stays. Tyson Chandler had a good season last year, but this year he looks like a bum, like when he played in Chicago.

Who gets the open spots?
As previously mentioned, I thought Chauncey is still an All-Star, so he takes the spot ofDeron Williams a.k.a. The Ice Pick. Who will take Chandler's spot? It comes down to Big Al Jefferson and Shaq. Even though the Wolves are terrible, I give the spot to Jefferson, he has much better numbers and the Wolves are on a 4 game win streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment