Thursday, January 8, 2009

E.C. All Stars

Before the season began, I made some predictions.
First I predicted the standings in the East:

My Predictions- Actual
1. Boston- Cleveland
2. Detroit- Boston
3. Philadelphia- Orlando
4. Orlando- Atlanta
5. Toronto- Detroit
6. Cleveland- Miami
7. Miami- New Jersey
8. Milwaukee- Milwaukee

Two teams have been huge dissapointments obviously, the Raptors and the Sixers. They both are just games away from a playoff spot though. The most surprising team has been Cleveland in the East. I figured they would fall off a little this year, because Mo Williams didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I don't know how they are winning that many games with LeBron and a bunch of misfits (see Szczerbiak, Wally.) Atlanta has always had the talent to be a top team, but this is the first year they are winning a lot of games. I don't think they will reach the second round of playoffs. Other than Celtics, the team I am most afraid to meet in the Playoffs would be the Magic. We don't have anybody who can defend Dwight Howard, who even though I love Yao, is the best center in the League. Also, I am still sticking to my theory that the Bucks will make the playoffs.

I also predicted this year's All Stars before the season started. Here they are

G- Chauncey Billups
G- Andre Miller
G- Dwayne Wade
G- Paul Pierce
F- LeBron James
F- Shawn Marion
F- Kevin Garnett
F-Elton Brand
F-Josh Smith
C-Dwight Howard
C-Jermaine O'Neal
C-Chris Bosh

Who would I take out now? Clearly Elton Brand and Andre Miller are not deserving of spots. Shawn Marion just doesn't have the numbers, which is odd. I love Josh Smith, but his numbers are all down this year, so he is out. Lastly, Jermaine O'Neal is not worthy of an All-Star spot...at all. Also, Chauncey is still an All-Star, but now in the West

Who would I replace them with? I need two guards, one center, and three forwards. For the guards. The guards are obvious for me. Devin Harris over Vince Carter and Danny Granger, who is just ridiculous. Even with the Pacers being turrible, he is still a top 5 MVP candidate to me. The forwards are more difficult. Even if this wasn't a Pistons blog, I would still give a spot to Tayshaun Prince. He will be the only person playing defense at the All-Star game. I'll give one spot to Caron Butler, because he is still playing hard. The final forward spot goes to...David Lee, who is shooting at a 57% clip. The center spot is between two guys...Andrew Bogut and Emeka Okafor. Bogut is hurt, so Okafor gets the final spot

Even though it has no relevance to the Pistons, tomorrow I will provide my preseason Western Conference standings and All-Star Picks

Don't like my picks? Whine in the comment section or check out those of Sean Deveney from the Sporting News

No comments:

Post a Comment