Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The News I've Been Waiting For


The Detroit Free Press has reported that Rip Hamilton will now be moved to the bench. I have been clamoring for this to happen ever since we got on that freaking losing streak. I don't hate Rip. He is one of Detroit's best basketball players of all time. But I think Allen Iverson needs to be given a chance to work with a normal lineup. Some people wanted Stuckey out of the lineup, but I think we traded Chauncey so we could see what we could do, and he has proved that he can be an All-Star caliber player in this League. The only thing I am worried about is that Rip will become angry over time about sitting on the bench. For now he doesn't seem to be upset saying
That’s how I look at it: Just a sacrifice sometimes you got to make in order to
win games.
Bottom line, I want to try to get back to the promised land.

Now teams will have to deal with another threat coming off the bench, instead of just Antonio McDyess, who has turned into a rebound machine lately. Michael Curry made a wise choice, so in my mind, his approval rating has just gone up.

No comments:

Post a Comment