Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thanks for making me look stupid


One day after I post on how poorly Rasheed has been playing as of late, he decides he wants to score 25 points and grab 10 rebounds, against Big Al Jefferson to boot. Yes, I am impressed. He was even scoring on the low post, with his sneaky turnaround jumper. However, I want to see this sustained through at least a couple of games. Blaha and Kelser complemented Sheed's defense, which was good near the end of the game. I would like to see it at the beginning though too. Allowing Al Jefferson and Kevin Love 41 point and 16 rebounds isn't exactly exceptional.


As for the game itself, we won 98-89 over the hottest team in the NBA. Yeah I know the Wolves stink, or at least they should. However, I feel like this is a big win for us. We always seem to doze off on opponents like the Wolves. Sheed knew he would have to perform and he did. Hopefully, we can use the momentum to beat Boston and Cleveland.
The other man I considered tradeable, The Answer, did not impress me last night. He once again did not shoot all that well, going 5 for 15. He had 19 points, but he needs to start cutting when Sheed or any other post guy has the ball. He needs to make stuff happen. Stuckey had another solid game and McDyess was once again beastly off the bench, scoring 14 points with 10 rebounds.
Other things of note:
  • We only attempted 8 3-pointers. I think was a key to victory. We have to realize we are not shooters
  • We only had 7 turnovers
  • Rasheed had 5 steals!

No comments:

Post a Comment